Hello and welcome to Mrs. Andersen's VIRTUAL classroom.
I am very excited to have visitors and am anxious to keep you informed on the "goings-on" in my classroom.
I hope you and your children had a restful, fun, and joyful winter break. I look forward to continue to work with your children to help them achieve their 3rd grade goal of becoming competent readers.
Our regular daily schedule follows:
8:00-Students come in and work on their "morning packets" while the teacher takes attendance and checks students' reading calendars.
8:20-E.L.A (English Language Arts)- We are using the Synced Solutions Program, which can be found on the District's website. Thurs.- Library Time
9:30-U.A. Time - Individual Group Time
10:00 - Recess
10:20 - 10:35- Multiplication Review/Timed Tests
10:35- Teach math lesson for the day. Wednesday-Computer Lab.
12:20-1:10 - (MONDAY: Pass out and explain homework for the week/P.E.(Dance Kids 2)/Read to Scholars)
12:20-1:00 - (Tues. & Thursday: P.E.) (Wed. & Fri.): Health/Science/Social Studies
1:00-1:40 - E.L.D. with Ms. Shepherd's class (T-F)
1:40-1:55 - Read to students (Tues. - Friday)
2:00-Dismissal (Tuesdays I have After-School Duty).
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW & REMEMBER:
1. Your child needs to read EVERY day (Monday - Friday) for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Please make sure they read their assigned stories AND their A.R. books. I recommend they read on the weekends also, so they will have "insurance."
2. Remember that it is YOUR responsibility to listen to your child read. It is YOUR CHILD'S responsibility to read and to get YOU to sign their reading calendar. This helps to teach your children responsibility.
3. Make sure you check out the links I've posted for extra help in math and language arts. Just click to the right where it says, "Links".
1. Homework Packet is due on Monday, Jan. 11, 2016
2. M.L.K. Jr. Day is Monday, January 18th, 2016 (No school).